The PM Capital Investor Forum - May 2017
- Paul Moore: Chief Investment Officer and Founder of PM Capital
- Jarod Dawson: Director, Portfolio Manager - Fixed Income
You will hear:
- The investment insights in Moneyball
- Why the current environment presents a ‘fat pitch’ for anomaly hunters in both fixed income and equities
- Case studies on finding and investing in anomalies for maximum long term profit
- How anomalies can be exploited to improve investors’ risk-adjusted returns
The book and movie Moneyball tells the inspirational story of the cash-strapped Oakland A’s baseball team. A classic David & Goliath battle, A’s General Manager Billy Beane, played in the movie by Brad Pitt, was sneered at before the 2002 season as he selected a range of rejects, castoffs from the rich clubs and undervalued players – ‘lost toys’ - that he could afford. The A’s went on to win 20 consecutive games – the longest winning streak in baseball’s American League ever.
Beane’s secret? Turning his back on accepted baseball wisdom and searching for players, who, for whatever reason – age, appearance - were unliked and therefore cheap. Beane ignored the market noise and hired these human anomalies because, according to his deeper research, he had conviction in what they could do.
At PM Capital we also find and exploit investment anomalies around the world. We use deep research to identify the best long term investment opportunities.
CPD Points available!
For Advisers, you are eligible for 1.5 CPD points for watching this webinar. Click on the above link to access the short quiz to gain your CPD certificate post completion of the webinar.